Thursday, December 17, 2009

Static-Descriptive Essay: Last ROTC Day

My alarm clock rang and ended my peaceful sleep. As I opened my eyes, I saw darkness everywhere. No lights, no sun. As I lay on the bed, I felt cold and wanted to go back to sleep but the thought of having a memorable and exciting day awakened me and helped me get up from my comfortable position.

As I rose from my bed, my eyes felt heavy and I barely kept it open. I could hardly walk towards the bathroom. The cold water woke my sleepy mind. I walked out the bathroom awake and ready for the day. I hurriedly ate as I watched the time get closer and closer to our call time.

As I stepped out of the house, I heard birds chipping and dogs barking. I felt the cold breeze and smelled the flowers from our garden. I walked towards the car and sat on the front seat. As the driver turned on the loud and noisy engine, I turned on the radio to listen to relaxing music. While we traveled to Taft, my mind was full of thoughts of excitement of seeing my friends.

I arrived at school full of ROTC students. The sounds of the students talking and laughing overwhelmed the place. As I walked to our assigned place, I saw students talking with each other, fixing uniforms and preparing their things. We lined up and patiently waited for our turn to go inside the bus. As the bus took its route going to our destination, we joyfully sang songs and cracked jokes to entertain ourselves while waiting to get to our destination.

Just like the other ROTC days, we were beneath the how rays of the sun with no shade, but that did not stop us from enjoying the day. We were lined up as we toured the site. Everywhere we looked, we saw men in uniform doing their routine. We heard soldiers commanding other soldiers. The day went fast and we came down to our last activity, firing rifles. As we participated in the activity, we heard loud gun shots and saw smoke coming out of the rifles.

The day was full of fun and enjoyable activities; unfortunately, the sun was about to set. While I was going home, I recalled the things I have done during the day and hoped that my experience with my friends will happen again. The last ROTC day was a hot and tiring day but it was worth it.



Reflection:
I did not find it hard to write this essay because I can still remember that day and I can easily describe it. I am not that satisfied with the outcome because I can still show my experience and not just tell it. To improve it I will always show and not tell. I will put more emotions into my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment